MEd, BEd, LLB, Grad Dip Leg Prac, Cert IV TAA, LLM Australian Legal Practitioner
Manager Education Services
Master of Laws
Bachelor of Laws
Master of Education
Bachelor of Education
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Certificate IV Training and Assessment
At Leo Cussen
Adam is the Manager Education Services and is a corporate legal practitioner with a practical interest in education and training. He manages regulatory compliance for Leo Cussen as well as special projects related to the development of the Centre’s training programs. Adam regularly instructs programs (in Victoria, Western Australia and Tasmania) for lawyers and entry level lawyers in areas such as: Communication and Presentation Skills, Work Management and Business Skills, Problem Solving, Plain English, Ethics, Dispute Resolution, Lawyer’s Skills and Risk Management.
Before Leo Cussen
Prior to joining Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Adam was an award-winning writer, actor and educator. He has also worked in legal support across a number of practice areas.
Adam is the Chair of Leo Cussen’s Academic Committee and is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria.
Adam’s papers and presentations include:
- Entry level lawyers, innovation and technology’ Australasian Professional Legal Education Council (APLEC) Conference, Hong Kong 2018 with Debra Cherry.
- The importance of Practical Legal Training autonomy in training the best entry level lawyers for the future – Australasian Professional Legal Education Council (APLEC) Conference, Melbourne 2017.
- Improving the Communication Skills of Lawyers – Australasian Professional Legal Education Council (APLEC) Conference Auckland 2014, Institute of Professional Legal Studies, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Benchmarks for the Australasian Professional Legal Education Council (APLEC) Practical Legal Training Programs: A Glimpse of the Holy Grail, APLEC Conference Adelaide 2013, Flinders University/The Law Society/Adelaide Law School – with Adrian Deans and Graham Jobling.
- Benchmarking Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice Programs, APLEC Conference Tasmania 2012, University of Tasmania – with Adrian Deans, Ian McCall and Graham Jobling.
- Designing the Horror File: improving the learning of Risk Management in Practical Legal Training, APLEC Conference Tasmania 2012, University of Tasmania.
- Problem Solving: Fresh Ways of Seeing and Training, APLEC Conference Sydney 2011, University of Technology, Sydney.