Reporting to the Executive Director and ultimately the Board of the Leo Cussen Centre for Law, you will form part of the senior management team. You will be responsible for providing educational and strategic leadership and will contribute to the overall strategic, educational and business development of the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- leading the ongoing curriculum review;
- managing the planning and development of the courses;
- ensuring continuous improvement;
- leading teaching staff to maintain performance and to develop their educational expertise; providing effective leadership to and managing the Practical Legal Training department;
- investigating and determining any action regarding performance issues involving students; ensuring compliance with general governance requirements;
- monitoring and controlling expenditure relating to the course; and
- developing and leading innovative approaches to business development opportunities.
For more info and to apply:
For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact our exclusively retained consultant, Nalini Moore:
Applications close: 27 August 2019
CPD Program Manager
We now have an opportunity for a highly motivated lawyer to join our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) team as a Program Manager. This is a full-time position.
The CPD team designs, plans, advertises and co-ordinates the delivery of Continuing Professional Development programs including workshops, seminars, conferences, and intensives for a range of participants including lawyers, legal support staff and other professionals. We also provide programs for the corporate sector.
For more info and to apply:
Applications close: 30 August 2019
Lawyer – Business Development
Part-Time (3 days per week)
The purpose of this new role is to identify and secure new business for Leo Cussen as a quality training provider while supporting the growth ambitions of the CPD Department and the Corporate Training Division.
We are developing our service offering to meet emerging needs by expanding existing programs and adding new programs on a national and potentially international scale.
This role will primarily suit a lawyer with some business development experience and who wishes to use their legal experience and networks in a different way.
Applications close: 2 September 2019
Many of us enjoy passing on our knowledge, helping the next generation. Leo Cussen Centre for Law often has room for new instructors to assist with our Practical Legal Training (PLT) courses and Continuing Professional Development workshops, and for presenters at CPD seminars and conferences.
There are lots of good reasons for becoming a speaker/presenter at Leo Cussen:
- Give something back to the profession by sharing your expertise
- Help young lawyers in the place where you once stood
- Grow your own reputation as a legal authority
- Add to your own knowledge and experience through teaching
- Make new and useful connections
- Enjoy the reward of your audience’s gratitude
If you would like to be a Leo Cussen instructor or presenter, please register your interest with us by completing this Information Sheet, and then send it with a current resume that includes two referees – at least one of whom is connected to your experience in education and training – to email@example.com.