Leo Cussen Centre for Law has an enviable record in helping firms and legal practices meet their Supervised Legal Training (SLT) requirements. We have given thousands of lawyers the essential skills and knowledge needed for admission and to reach their career potential.
Supervised Legal Training at Leo Cussen Centre for Law is:
- intensive, modular and designed to suit firms and legal practices
- held at Leo Cussen in Melbourne’s CBD or, by agreement, at a firm or practice
- instructed face-to-face and assessed by leading practitioners
- an exam-free zone; your performance is assessed as you go
- designed for Trainees to demonstrate understanding and competence in the National Competency Standards for Entry-Level Lawyers
- suitable for overseas qualified lawyers and requalifying lawyers, subject to the relevant Admitting Authority
- fully equipped with workshop course materials
- catered as required, depending on the length of the workshop
The admission requirements for trainee lawyers, overseas qualified lawyers and requalifying lawyers should be checked with the Victorian Legal Admissions Board before registering for SLT workshops.
Our SLT Workshops
Leo Cussen Centre for Law provides training in all mandatory topics pursuant to the Legal Profession Uniform Admission Rules 2015:
- Lawyer’s Skills*
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility*
- Problem Solving
- Work Management and Business Skills
- Risk Management*
- Trust and Office Accounting
- Civil Litigation
- Property Law
- Commercial and Corporate Practice
*Must be provided (subject to the VLAB) by an approved provider such as Leo Cussen, but firms and practices may use us as the provider for all of these topics.
We also provide two topics from the Optional Practice Areas:
- Administrative Law
- Employment and Industrial Relations
Timetable and Fees
Many of our topics are repeated throughout the year and we keep our pricing as reasonable as possible.
Director – Continuing Professional Development
Tel: (03) 9602 3111