Leo Cussen Centre for Law has an enviable record in helping firms and legal practices meet their Supervised Legal Training (SLT) requirements. Through Supervised Legal Training in Australia, we have given thousands of lawyers the essential skills and knowledge needed for admission and to reach their career potential.
Supervised Legal Training at Leo Cussen Centre for Law is:
- intensive, modular and designed to suit firms and legal practices
- provided online in small interactive groups or, by agreement, at a firm or practice
- instructed and assessed by leading practitioners
- an exam-free zone; your performance is assessed as you go
- designed for Trainees to demonstrate understanding and competence in the National competency Standards and referred to in the Legal Profession Uniform Admission Rules 2015
- suitable for overseas qualified lawyers and requalifying lawyers, subject to the relevant Admitting Authority
- fully equipped with workshop course materials.
The admission requirements for trainee lawyers, overseas qualified lawyers and requalifying lawyers should be checked with the Victorian Legal Admissions Board before registering for Supervised Legal Training workshops.
Our SLT Workshops
Leo Cussen Centre for Law provides training in all mandatory topics pursuant to the Legal Profession Uniform Admission Rules 2015:
- Lawyer’s Skills*
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility*
- Work Management and Business Skills
- Risk Management*
- Trust and Office Accounting
- Civil Litigation
- Property Law
- Commercial and Corporate Practice
*Must be provided (subject to the VLAB) by an approved provider such as Leo Cussen, but firms and practices may use us as the provider for all of these topics.
We also provide two topics from the Optional Practice Areas:
- Administrative Law
- Employment and Industrial Relations
Timetable and Fees
Many of our topics are repeated throughout the year and we keep our pricing as reasonable as possible. To book a Supervised Legal Training Workshop, see here.