The Leo Cussen Institute (trading as the Leo Cussen Centre for Law) provides onsite and online Practical Legal Training (PLT) for the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. The Institute further provides programs for Supervised Legal Training. These courses are approved by the Victorian Legal Admissions Board (VLAB), pursuant to the Legal Profession Uniform Admission Rules 2015.
The Institute is registered on the Australian Qualifications Framework Register of Recognised Educational Institutions. It is registered as a Higher Education Provider (HEP) for the provision of FEE-HELP (Commonwealth) No. 4402.
Leo Cussen has been registered on the National Register of Higher Education Providers by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). The TEQSA Provider Number is: 12155. Our Practical Legal Training course (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) has been accredited by the TEQSA.
The Practical Legal Training (onsite) Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) provider code is 02224A and the CRICOS course code is 039593D.
Leo Cussen Institute does not engage agents for the purposes of recruiting overseas students.
The Institute is also approved to provide:
- Practical legal training for law graduates in Western Australia
- Traineeship programs in Queensland
- Continuing Professional Development programs for Western Australian lawyers
The Leo Cussen Centre for Law is a member of the following organisations:
- Australasian Professional Legal Education Council (APLEC)
- Continuing Legal Education Association of Australasia (CLEAA)
- Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET)
- Australian Student Tuition Assurance Scheme (ASTAS)
- Association for Continuing Legal Education (ACLEA)
The Executive Director of the Centre represents APLEC as a member of the Law Admissions Consultative Committee (LACC).