The support you receive at Leo Cussen during Practical Legal Training (PLT) is fundamental to begin working as a legal practitioner. Along with mentor support you are provided with support from our dedicated careers team. In this blog, we focus on the support you receive for PLT placements.
At the end of the PLT course, all students must complete a professional placement within a legal office. Your PLT placement becomes an exciting opportunity to put all your training into practice and play an active role in real matters and cases.
The careers team at Leo Cussen ensure your preparation for placement is not just a tick of a box. Here’s some of what they can do:
- Help you identify an area of interest to focus on for placement
- Find placement for the PLT trainees doing the face-to-face course
- Provide support with placement search (for non F2F trainees)
- Provide support during the placement if you need guidance navigating the real world of practice.
For many PLT students, the professional placement is one of the first times they will get to work in a real-life legal office. Many PLT placements give students a chance to meet with clients, attend court hearings, and draft actual legal documents.
The careers team at Leo Cussen is made up of qualified careers advisors with legal and recruitment backgrounds and ensures you leave Leo with the best chance of getting the career path that suits you.
Here’s more of what the careers team can offer.
- Guidance on your career options
- Help with preparing your CV
- Job search
- Preparation for your first interview
If you are finishing up law school and want to reserve a time to discuss your future PLT feel free to book a chat with us
Watch our short video where Alex Giannopoulos, Manager, Industry Engagement and Careers explains more.