Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Do you want to see firsthand how our PLT course will provide you with the essential skills required for an entry-level lawyer? Come to our next information session and learn more about the Leo Cussen Centre for Law experience and how you will learn to practise law in a professional, yet friendly and engaging environment. Light refreshments are provided. Register now to attend:
We believe that practical legal training should be just that – practical
Build your skills and confidence with a mentoring program you won’t find elsewhere
Small group training – to provide the finest practical training experience
Here’s why you should take Practical Legal Training at Leo Cussen:
- The best of both worlds – online blended learning with 13 dynamic days of intensive, personalised, face-to-face training in the Perth CBD
- Personalised mentoring – comprehensive feedback and support, with one-on-one regular feedback on your work as you do it
- Career support – dedicated Graduate Placement and Careers Advisor to help with job search and preparation
- Small group training – we believe in offering the finest practical training experience, with plenty of personalised support
- An outstanding reputation – Leo Cussen has offered practical legal training courses since 1974
- Develop excellent advocacy skills – through compulsory civil and criminal file work
- Gain strong legal business skills – run your own files, maintain client contact, meet deadlines and bill clients in practical settings
- No exams – ‘learn by doing’, with continuous practical assessments
- Develop strong networks – with peers and those in the legal industry
- Our graduates – work in a wide range of legal and other professional environments in Australia and overseas
- Satisfaction* – 95% of our graduates are highly satisfied with the course and state that it has given them the confidence to work in legal practice
* Graduate Survey Data 2014-2015
Especially for Western Australian lawyers
Practical Legal Training in Western Australia is a whole lot easier now that Leo Cussen Centre for Law provides customised online PLT training for WA graduates.
For more information on Leo Cussen’s PLT course, notwithstanding the uniqueness of delivery for Western Australia, go to About our Practical Legal Training.
Enrolments are now closed for the Western Australia Practical Legal Training Course (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) 2018. Applications for the next course will open January 2019.
For further info please contact the PLT office:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 1300 039 031
You will be mentored by a highly experienced lawyer through a stimulating, interactive online course in which you run simulated client files, make court and tribunal appearances and attend signings and settlements.
Face-to-face intensive dates:
- 1st Intensive – 12-17 March 2018
- 2nd Intensive – 16-18 May 2018
- 3rd Intensive – 24-27 July 2018
Where to Go:
The Western Australian campus is located at QV1 Tower WA
– 250 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000.