Overseas Qualified Lawyers

If you hold a law degree from outside Australia and wish to be admitted to the Australian legal profession, you must first obtain guidance and approval from the admitting authority in the State in which you wish to practise. That authority can then direct you to complete individual training programs at Leo Cussen Centre for Law.

Admitting authorities for Victoria and Western Australia:


In Victoria, you may be referred to Leo Cussen Centre for Law to undertake Supervised Legal Training under the authority of the Victorian Legal Admissions Board. In some cases you may be required to complete a full, 24-week Practical Legal Training course. Before you apply for a determination from the Victorian Legal Admissions Board, you may wish to check the Uniform Principles for Assessing Qualifications of Overseas Applicants to the Australian Legal Profession.

SLT Timetable and Bookings

PLT Single Topics

Western Australia

In Western Australia, you will complete Online PLT Single Topics, under the authority of the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia.

PLT Single Topics

Requalifying Lawyers