To apply for the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at Leo Cussen, please click on the link below. If you are having difficulty accessing the online form, please call Leo Cussen on +61 3 8667 5667
Real practical legal training
We believe that practical legal training should be just that – practical
Build your skills and confidence with a mentoring program you won’t find elsewhere
Small group training – to provide the finest practical training experience
Here’s why you should take Practical Legal Training at Leo Cussen:
- Highly practical course – offered online, onsite and part-time
- Online course – online blended learning with 13 dynamic days of intensive, personalised, face-to-face training
- Onsite course – we offer the only full-time onsite course in Victoria. In our onsite course, we find your professional placement for you
- Personalised mentoring – comprehensive feedback and support, with regular one-on-one feedback on your work as you do it
- Career support – dedicated Graduate Placement and Careers Advisor to help with job search and preparation
- Small group training – we believe in offering the finest practical training experience, with plenty of personalised support
- An outstanding reputation – Leo Cussen has offered practical legal training courses since 1974
- Develop excellent advocacy skills – through compulsory civil and criminal file work
- Gain strong legal business skills – run your own files, maintain client contact, meet deadlines and bill clients in practical settings
- No exams – ‘learn by doing’, with continuous practical assessments
- Develop strong networks – with peers and those in the legal industry
- Our graduates – work in a wide range of legal and professional environments in Australia and overseas
- Satisfaction* – 96% of our graduates are satisfied to highly satisfied with the course and state that it has given them the confidence to work in legal practice
* Graduate Survey Data 2017
The Leo Cussen Practical Legal Training (Onsite and Online) course includes 21 weeks’ formal training and three weeks’ professional placement, with two intakes per year: January and July. Online students also reinforce their learning with 13 face-to-face training days at Leo Cussen.
Find out more
To learn more about Practical Legal Training at Leo Cussen, please go to our Practical Legal Training home page.
Western Australia trainees
If you wish to take Practical Legal Training in Western Australia, please go to PLT – Western Australia.
Come along to our next Information Session to find out more about our onsite and online Practical Legal Training (PLT) program. Listen to detailed presentations about the course, meet with current trainees and listen to a panel discussion from our alumni/graduates. Refreshments will be provided.
Our next PLT course starting 29 January 2019, will be delivered from our new premises
15 William Street
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000