Workshops for Lawyers
Interactive workshops for lawyers developing your knowledge of legal practice areas and/or essential skills:
Law Firms of the Future - Practical solutions for implementing value based pricing (October 2014)
Free yourself, your team and your clients from the restrictions of timesheets and the billable hour and learn how to run a timeless law firm.
Modern law firms are being challenged by various market and operational factors like never before. These challenges can create angst but can also create great opportunities for those law firms open to a mindset and business model change.
This workshop confronts the conventional wisdom embodied in the traditional law firm business model, which operates by leveraging people by time by hourly rate. The workshop presents an alternative business model offering bold, proven strategies for restoring vitality and dynamism for all lawyers.
- Starting with why: your purpose, strategy and positioning
- How is the Timeless Law firm different to the Law Firm of Yesterday
- Your value proposition – Quality, Price, Service and Intellectual Capital
- A better practice model – moving from cost plus pricing to pricing on purpose
- The pros & cons in moving away from time based billing to value based pricing
- A case study- How one firm runs a timeless legal practice-tips for implementing a new pricing model
- The various ways your firm could make the transition to value based pricing
From the clients perspective: Maria Polczynski, Group Legal, Bendigo & Adelaide Bank will discuss the experiences of the Bank's internal legal team in using fixed fees with its external law firms, what the team expects, what they get and how they work with their external law firms to try and ensure fee certainty and sustainability for both parties.
From the law firm's perspective: David Wells, Managing Partner, Moores Legal will discuss his firm's journey in moving away from time based billing and time recording.
This workshop will provide real life experiences and insights into how legal practices and their clients have and can adapt to this new and better practice model.
John Chisholm, Director, John Chisholm Consulting
John Chisholm was previously a Managing Partner and Chief Executive at leading
Please note that no refunds or transfers are available for this program.